We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;|
|“Our Site”||means this website, https://lumis.ai/;|
|“EU Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Lehmann Ventures UG, registered in Germany whose registered address is Holdermannstr. 42B, 70567 Stuttgart.|
2. Information About Us
2.1 Our Site, www.lumis.ai, is owned and operated by Lehmann Ventures UG. Registered address is Holdermannstr. 42B, 70567 Stuttgart.
2.2 Data security department can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to Us using it for the purposes set out in section 5, for example, when signing up for an Account. Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- IP Address
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- Business/company name
- Job title
- Professional contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
5.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
5.2 We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying purchased tickets to you via mail;]
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email Insert Type of Email e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by Insert Description of Unsubscription Method;
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
5.3 In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the [products and] services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
5.4 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone or text message (whatsapp or otherwise) with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
5.5 Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
6.1 We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct a review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with with Articles 17 and 18 GDPR. Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory storage obligations.
6.2 Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
6.3 Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
7.1 We may contract with third parties to supply [products and] services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
7.2 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
7.3 In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
10.1 You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
10.3 You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 15.
12. Which services of third parties are used?
This website uses Mixpanel, a web analysis service of Mixpanek Inc. (“Mixpanel”). Mixpanel uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is transferred to a Mixpanel server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will previously be reduced by Mixpanel within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Mixpanel will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Mixpanel may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Mixpanel. Mixpanel will not associate your IP address with other Mixpanel data under any circumstances.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will previously be reduced by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with other Google data under any circumstances.
Our website uses Google Conversion Tracking. If you came to our site through an ad placed by Google, a cookie will be placed by Google AdWords. This cookie is used to determine if a user has accessed a page by clicking on an ad placed by Google. This information is used to compile statistics for AdWords customers who use conversion tracking. This gives us information about how many users clicked on an ad and how many users got to a page that contains a conversion tracking tag.
You can deactivate tracking by deactivating all cookies via your browser settings or you can explicitly deactivate cookies from Google AdWords by blocking cookies from the domain googleleadservices.com via your browser settings.
We use external providers for payment transactions. This includes Stripe and PayPal. The data processed by the payment providers includes name, e-mail, account numbers, credit card numbers, TANs, etc. This information is required to complete a transaction. However, the data entered will only be processed and stored by the payment service providers. This means that we do not receive any account or credit card related information, but only information whether the transaction was successful or not.
Stripe Privacy Statement: https://stripe.com/privacy
PayPal Privacy Statement: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev
We use so-called Google Fonts from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Privacy Statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy
13. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
13.2 By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for analytics services, advertising service and payment processing. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to section 13.4 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
13.3 Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 12.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.08, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
13.4 The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|cookie_bar||Checks if the cookie bar was closed||Presistent|
|session||Provides a unique session identifier||Session|
and the following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Purpose|
|mp_||Mixpanel||Used for analytics and service improvements|
|Google (Google Analytics)||Used for analytics and service improvements|
|_gac_Property-ID||Google (Google AdWords)||Stores information about an AdWords campaign|
|Stripe||Used for payment processing|
14. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below).
15. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
15.1 In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
15.2 The right described in section 15.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.
15.3 Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
15.4 We do not use automatic decision-making or profiling yet
16. Contacting Us